Everyday Life

HILTON HEAD!!

My Aunt Becky invited my cousin Rachel and her son Aslan, my mom, and Titus and myself to go to Hilton Head with her for a week. We were there the middle of April and the weather was cool but nice. We had a great time together fellowshipping, watching movies, shopping, eating out, and being pampered with pedicures and manicures. We didn't get to do much swimming, but I did get Titus in the water. I teach swimming lessons every Saturday morning, so of course I had to get T in the water and let him explore. He did a great job and seemed to enjoy himself. I have always poured water over his face in the bath so going under the water wasn't too traumatic for him...1,2,3 blow, dunk........ it is that easy!
I was running with my cousin on Tuesday morning and got bit by a dog. I was in the emergency room for a few hours and got a few stitches...what an experience. Titus enjoyed himself and did such a great job for being awakened out of his morning nap to go sit in a boring waiting room for 2 hours with no food (kinda hard to nurse with a hand that is getting stitched!).
Aslan and Titus had a good time together. They are a little young to play by themselves, but I know they will have a good time once Titus can walk...even though he will probably be twice as tall as Aslan...but I do hope he learns his manners from Aslan. He is such a great kid and Rachel and Clint are doing a fabulous job teaching him how to obey.
Rachel and Aunt Becky had to leave Friday, so mom and I enjoyed our last evening there and then left Saturday morning. Mom picked up some food poisoning from the Hilton Head Diner, so our trip Saturday was a little slower paced, but we still made it to the Ratliff wedding. Titus was scared of my dad at first, but finally warmed up to him after a few hours. We enjoyed seeing Bonnie and the Ludtkes, but Titus and I were both ready to see Mark. What a fun trip we had...but we were glad to be back home with Mark!

3 comments:

undergroundcrowds said...

he is getting so big! so did you plug his nose or he just understood to blow out of it.

AnneB said...

Actually, I blow in his face right before submerging him. Babies usually "catch their breath" when you blow in their faces, so a quick blow and a quick submersion help teach them to hold their breath on their own.

undergroundcrowds said...

you've been tagged.


read my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...